Mandelin Reagent Test Instructions
The Mandelin reagent on its own is yellow and can have a natural sediment. It’s best to use Mandelin reagent to test meth/amphetamine, cocaine or ketamine, however, it’s also a good test for benzofurans, MDMA and MDA, opioids, tryptamines, and phenethylamines.
NOTE: Mandelin can only test the PRESENCE, not PURITY or QUANTITY of a specific substance.
Always test under a strong light and using the smallest possible sample. Never open more than 1 bottle at once, if you make a mistake you might contaminate the reagents and spoil them. If a few reactions are happening at once, only the darkest one of them will be visible. To detect adulterants, try using on fresh samples secondary reagent tests like Robadope, Simon’s, Scott or Zimmermann. If you don’t know yet how to test using Mandelin reagent, see the following instructions:
- On a clean ceramic surface (e.g. bottom of a mug or a plate) prepare a sample no bigger than this size -> ●
- Carefully not to touch the sample with the bottle, remove the cap, twist the bottle upside-down and wait for 1 drop to fall. Replace the cap.
- Immediately observe the color change and compare it with the Mandelin color chart. No reaction within the first 30 seconds or unexpected results indicate the sample doesn’t contain the expected substance or is adulterated.
- Neutralize the reaction with baking soda (optional) and flush in a sink under running water for a few minutes.
No reaction can be caused by MDPV, methylone, caffeine and many other substances (or lack of active ingredient). CHECK TESTDRUGS APP – TestDrugs.info
Common Mandelin color reactions:
- 4-CMC and more cathinones – slight orange (needs Zimmermann and Simon’s tests)
- MDMA/MDA – immediate blue to black (needs Simon’s and/or Robadope tests)
- Meth/amphetamine – green (needs Simon’s and/or Robadope tests)
- Ketamine – orange to dark orange
- Cocaine – slight orange (needs Scott test)
- Levamisole – light brown
- PMA/PMMA – green to brown (needs Simon’s and/or Robadope tests)
Find the best reagent test kits HERE. Next choose a purity testing kit. They can detect all adulterants at once, but still require reagent tests for identifying ingredients.
- To estimate purity of a substance (amount of adulterants and potency) use Substance Purity Test Kit.
- To precisly estimate MDMA potency use MDMA Purity Test Kit, which additionaly contains a calibrated plastic measuring tool.
CLICK HERE to download mandelin reagent color chart in full resolution.
27 June 2022 @ 04:22
neutralizing the reaction with baking soda is absolutely not optional, pouring it down the drain before neutralization can melt a hole in your sink, pipes, septic or the cities plumbing. and if it makes its way into the earth it can damage the surrounding ecosystem.
27 June 2022 @ 11:12
That’s not the case for amounts of 1-2 drops, but sure, it’s always better to neutralize corrosive compounds before disposal, fully agreed.