How to test 2C-B: reduce risk by using a 2C-B test kit to check it for adulterants. Pure 2C-B can come in many forms can’t be identified by appearence. To test 2C-B use reagent tests Marquis, Mecke, Robadope and Simon’s in single-use or multiple-use test kits. Reagent tests are simple chemicals that indicate presence of a substance by reacting with different color change to different substances. To test you need just 1 drop of a reagent and a small sample, about this big -> ●. To detect all ingredients and estimate potency it’s required to use an additional 2C-B purity test kit. To detect fentanyl or test for fentanyl analogs use the fentanyl test strips.
Reagents presumptively indicate PRESENCE, but not PURITY or QUANTITY. Use different reagent tests to improve accuracy and to detect adulterants – 90% of adulterants will react with 1 out of 3 tests, and 95% with 1 out of 5. To detect all ingredients and estimate potency it’s required to use an additional purity test kit. A positive or negative test result does not indicate if the substance is safe. No substance is 100% safe.
How can I test 2C-B?
BEFORE using a 2C-B test kit
- it’s RECOMMENDED to record the reaction to compare later.
- if testing a pill, crush it finely and proceed with testing using the powder
2C-B testing instructions
- Take a (small) piece of your powder/pill, about this big -> ●.
- Put it on a suitable testing plate, preferably a spot test plate or the bottom/underside of a ceramic mug (example). *If using single-use vials insert the sample and observe, as the reagent is already within.
- Add one (or two) drops of Marquis reagent test (or other supplied) on the sample and wait for the results.
- Check reagent test results with instructions below.
- Consider using the TLC 2C-B Purity Test Kit to double check possible adulterants and estimate potency.
AFTER using a 2C-B test kit
- OPTIONAL: Pour baking soda over a finished reaction to neutralize used reagents.
- Wash testing surface under running water.
For full instructions scroll further down below.
VIDEO & RESULTS Watch how to test 2C-B
STEP ONE How to identify 2C-B?
Reagents can be divided into primary and secondary. Primary reagents react with the expected substance while secondary produce a vibrant color change with an adulterant. Here are a few key notes:
- Marquis – primary test for most powders, secondary test for cocaine, ketamine, mephedrone and blotters
- Mecke – primary test for most powders, secondary test for cocaine, ketamine, mephedrone; short shelf life
- Robadope – main test for for primary amines, e.g. MDA, amphetamine or PMA
- Simon’s – main test for for secondary amines, e.g. MDMA, meth, mephedrone, methylone or PMMA
Marquis reagent is the main test for 2C-B and produces a yellow > green color change with 2C-x. Mecke reagent is the follow up primary test to confirm the presence of 2C-B. Robadope is useful both to finally confirm primary amines (2C-x, amphetamine, MDA, PMA), and Simon’s can test detect some adulterants if they are secondary amines (meth, MDMA, PMMA, mephedrone derrivatives).
MDMA (left) and 2C-B (right) reagent test results using the Marquis reagent
How to use the 2C-B test kit?
- Check test results with Marquis test kit: if testing 2C-x (2C-B/C/H/I) the color of the reaction should be yellow turning green.
- MDxx turn all of the following reagent tests black: Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin, Liebermann and Froehde.
- To tell apart 2C-B and other 2C-x compounds use Mecke test kit, which turns olive brown with 2C-B.
- Test as small sample as possible and only try more if you are not getting a conclusive result.
STEP TWO How to test 2C-B purity?
Try secondary reagents. Secondary reagents produce a vibrant color change with an adulterant, but not with the expected substance.
Secondary reagent tests for 2C-B:
Next choose a purity testing kit. It enables you to separate sample into different substances and estimate quantity, however still requires reagent tests to identify detected substances. To discover all adulterants and quantity pair reagents with a TLC (Thin Layer Chromatography) Purity Test Kit. Purity tests alone don’t identify substances and are best paired with 1-2 reagent tests.
TLC Purity Tests:
- Qualitative: One spot indicates a pure substance. TLC test works by separating substances present in a sample in order to reagent test them individually. You can also use an already confirmed sample for reference – if both compounds show up at the same height on the TLC “card” that indicates they are the same substance.
- Semi-quantitative: TLC also helps estimate quantity (potency). The bigger the size of the detected spot, the bigger the amount of measured substance. Note that different substances need different calibrated rulers.
TLC Purity Test potency scale
- To estimate 2C-B purity (number of ingredients and their concentration) use the Substance Purity Test Kit.
- To precisly estimate MDMA purity use the MDMA Purity Test Kit, which in addition includes a calibrated plastic ruler.
For full TLC (Thin Layer Chromatography) instructions read our guide how to test drugs purity.
FENTANYL How to detect fentanyl?
What is fentanyl?
Fentanyl is an extremely potent and dangerous synthetic opioid, often mixed in street drugs and deadly.
BEFORE using a fentanyl test strip
- It’s RECOMMENDED to test each and every dose. Because of extreme potency (microgram range) fentanyl is never evenly mixed in. One part of a baggie can be fentanyl free, and another lethal.
How to test fentanyl powder / pills / spice with a fentanyl test strip?
- Dissolve 100 mg in at least 125 ml of water (half a cup or at least 1 mg/ml).
- Grab a test strip and insert the white end into the liquid, no higher than the thick line.
- Wait until liquid starts visibly moving up the test strip (up to 15 seconds).
- Put the test strip away on a flat dry surface and read the result in 2 minutes.
- Check test strip result: a single line confirms the presence of fentanyl, while two lines (even faint) rule it out.
Looking where to buy a test kit for fentanyl?
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
Looking where to buy a kit for testing 2C-B?
- Single-use 2C-B test kit – 3,9 EUR per test, FREE SHIPPING
- Multiple-use 2C-B test kit – just cents per test, set of 4 reagents
- Fentanyl test strips – learn how to test any sample for fentanyl
- 2C-B Purity Test Kit – required to use in combination with reagent tests
- …or check out the guide “What is the best test kit?” and choose from all available PRO Test kits.
List of all PRO Test guides how to test drugs:
How to test 2C-B?
How to test MDA?
How to test MDMA?
How to test LSD?
How to test DMT?
How to test FENTANTYL?
How to test COCAINE?
How to test KETAMINE?
How to test MEPHEDRONE?
How to test AMPHETAMINE?
How to test METHAMPHETAMINE?
How to test HEROIN (opioids)?
How to test THC and CBD?
How to detect LEVAMISOLE?
How to detect PMA/PMMA?
How to detect FENTANYL?
How to detect NBOMes?
Regular use can be particularly dangerous. Learn more at erowid.org.