How to detect NBOMes: if you intend to use LSD (“acid”), first you need to check it using a test kit to rule out presence of dangerous adulterants such as NBOMes. Pure LSD can be laid on any kind of blotter paper (or other surface) and can’t be identified by appearance. To test for NBOMes use reagent tests Ehrlich, Hofmann, Marquis and Mecke in single-use or multiple-use test kits. To detect fentanyl or test for fentanyl analogs it’s recommended to use fentanyl test strips.
Reagents presumptively indicate PRESENCE, but not PURITY or QUANTITY. Use different reagent tests to improve accuracy and to detect adulterants – 90% of adulterants will react with 1 out of 3 tests, and 95% with 1 out of 5. To detect all ingredients and estimate potency it’s required to use an additional purity test kit. A positive or negative test result does not indicate if the substance is safe. No substance is 100% safe.
What test kit do I need to detect NBOMes?
|SAMPLE||RECOMMENDED NBOMe TEST KITS|
|LSD / DMT / tryptamines,
lysergamides, other indoles
How can I detect NBOMes?
BEFORE using NBOMes test kit
- It’s RECOMMENDED to record the reaction to compare later
STEP ONE for testing NBOMe blotters / tabs / powder
- Take a (small) corner of your tab, no bigger than a head of a needle – like this •.
- Put it on a suitable testing plate, preferably a spot test plate or the bottom/underside of a ceramic mug (example). *If using single-use vials insert the sample and observe, as the reagent is already within.
- Add one (or two) drops of an Ehrlich reagent test (or other supplied) on the sample and wait for the results.
- Check reagent test results in instructions.
How to use an NBOMe test kit?
- Check test results with Ehrlich test kit: if testing LSD the exact color of the reaction is not important – the test is of a yes/no type. It will go purple or pink if it is exposed to an indole compound like LSD, an analogue of LSD or a tryptamine. No 0.5cm² blotter can fit an active dose of a tryptamine onto it.
- NBOMe compounds and other phenethylamines (like 2C-B) will not give a colour change with the Ehrlich reagent.
STEP TWO detecting NBOMes
According to Drugsdata.org, LSD tabs are never ‘adulterated’ with something else besides the main component. Dangerous substances missold as LSD, like 25I-NBOMe responsible for many deaths, do not react with Ehrlich and Hofmann reagents, contrary to LSD and other lysergamides.
Only if your tab doesn’t change color within 10 minutes (like this example):
- THEN in addition to this it is good to use test kits Marquis, Mecke or Froehde. These do make the paper go brown but if there is something like DOC present then the liquid itself usually gives a pretty vivid green colour change.
- False positives. To check if Ehrlich test result could be a false positive, use Hofmann reagent to test more specifically for LSD and tell it apart from other indoles. It’s more precise than Ehrlich, but reacts slower. Keep in mind that other reagents are much less accurate/reliable, according to Erowid.org.
VIDEO & RESULTS Watch how to test LSD
All LSD test results:
|MARQUIS||No reaction (charcoaling paper)|
|MECKE||No reaction (charcoaling paper)|
|MANDELIN||No reaction (charcoaling paper)|
|LIEBERMANN||No reaction (charcoaling paper)|
|FROEHDE||No reaction (charcoaling paper)|
|EHRLICH||Pink > Purple > Blue|
|HOFMANN||Slow blue > Dark blue|
|SCOTT||No full color change|
List of all PRO Test guides how to test drugs:
How to test 2C-B?
How to test MDA?
How to test MDMA?
How to test LSD?
How to test DMT?
How to test FENTANTYL?
How to test COCAINE?
How to test KETAMINE?
How to test MEPHEDRONE?
How to test AMPHETAMINE?
How to test METHAMPHETAMINE?
How to test HEROIN (opioids)?
How to test THC and CBD?
How to detect LEVAMISOLE?
How to detect PMA/PMMA?
How to detect FENTANYL?
How to detect NBOMes?
Learn more on erowid.org.